The College of Education Strives for Academic Excellence: Students will undergo a systematic study of the act of teaching and learning, learn the principles that have guided the greatest teachers, and study what science tells us about being effective. Students will also be placed into teaching situations where they will be guided to apply theory into practice. The College of Education has been recognized for excellence in these areas, including NCATE Accreditation. Click here to view our most recent passing Praxis rates
Supportive Environment: Students have many opportunities to grow as educators, showcase their achievements, and be recognized for their accomplishments.
- Special Announcement Regarding Basic Skills Testing, effective September 1, 2013.
- Slippery Rock University ranked as one of the best special education programs in the nation.
- College of Education launches new High Performance Green School Incubator web page.
- SRU's new adapted program boosts education, job training opportunities.
- New Links for Resource Guide, Practice Tests, and Review for PAPA Test Objectives: Reading, Math, & Writing
- SRU College of Education trip to Sweden: Students visited 5 schools in Stockholm and Kristianstad, presenting about SRU and Pennsylvania. They were also able to sit in a class at Kristianstad University, which is the center of Inclusive Education.
- TaskStream to be used for ePortfolio and Unit Assessment System
- Congratulations to Dr. Dallas Jackson for being selected as the recipient for 2013 Minority Achiever's Award.
- Professor Protege Program is launched by SRU College of Education.
Congratulations to Mary Beth Miller
for being named the 2013 PSAHPERD University Level Education Teacher of the Year Award.
SRU College of Education is going green
- Multiple Dates: Blended Technology Workshop: An Online and Face-to-Face Faculty Led Workshop on How Faculty Can Best Use Technology
- The 8th Annual National Student Teaching & Supervision Conference will be held at Slippery Rock University April 14th-15th, 2014. For more information, please go to: http://www.nstsc.org/
- The Slippery Rock University Alumini Association 2014 Young Alumini Award