The College of Education Strives for Academic Excellence: Students will undergo a systematic study of the act of teaching and learning, learn the principles that have guided the greatest teachers, and study what science tells us about being effective. Students will also be placed into teaching situations where they will be guided to apply theory into practice. The College of Education has been recognized for excellence in these areas, including NCATE Accreditation. Click here to view our most recent passing Praxis rates
Supportive Environment: Students have many opportunities to grow as educators, showcase their achievements, and be recognized for their accomplishments.
- Maryland State Department of Education is hosting the 6th annual Maryland Education Recruitment Consortium (MERC) on Friday, March 14th, 2014. Visit www.merc.maspamd.org for more information.
- Multiple Dates: Blended Technology Workshop: An Online and Face-to-Face Faculty Led Workshop on How Faculty Can Best Use Technology
- The 8th Annual National Student Teaching & Supervision Conference will be held at Slippery Rock University April 14th-15th, 2014. For more information, please go to: http://www.nstsc.org/
- The Slippery Rock University Alumini Association 2014 Young Alumini Award
- Collier County Public Schools Teacher Recruitment Fair