The Office of Web Communications and New Media is part of University Public Relations and provides leadership for developing and delivering Web communication and New media strategies that help to market and promote Slippery Rock University.
The Web Communications Office is responsible for:
- Ensuring a user-friendly Web experience by developing and managing the top-level pages of the SRU Web site;
- Developing and managing the University's use of New Media, including FaceBook, twitter and Linkedin;
- Approving departmental requests for space on the University server;
- Consulting and/or assisting administrative and academic units with development and publishing of their Web sites;
- Performing research and analysis and link tracing; online surveys, Web traffic analysis and link tracing;
- Providing training in site development and maintenance;
- Maintaining and disseminating University Web standards;
- Exploring new and changing Web-related technologies, and;
- Coordinating the activities of the University Web Advisory Committee.
Although the Web Communications Office is able to assist University units, content owners are responsible for developing and maintaining their Web sites in SharePoint.