September 13, 2013
CONTACT: K.E. Schwab
SRU faculty recommend: A Good Read....
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. -College is a great time for reading. rockpride online asked Slippery Rock University history faculty both what they were currently reading and what books they would recommend.
Each week rockpride online will share their suggestions.
John Craig, professor of history, is currently reading "Brown v. Board of Education and the Civil Rights Movement," by Michael Klarman.
His top book recommendations are:
"Macbeth," by William Shakespeare.
- "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn," by Mark Twain.
- "Catch 22," by Joseph Heller.
- "Sophie's Choice," by William Styron.
- "Souls of Black Folk," by W.E.B. DuBois.
- "To Kill a Mockingbird," by Harper Lee.
- "The Things They Carried," by Tim O'Brien.
- "Sojourner Truth," by Nell Painter.
- "At the Hands of Persons Unknown," by Philip Dray.
- "Arc of Justice," by Kevin Boyle.
Slippery Rock University is Pennsylvania's premier public residential university. Slippery Rock University provides students with a comprehensive learning experience that intentionally combines academic instruction with enhanced educational and learning opportunities that make a positive difference in their lives.