Bailey Library supports the mission of Slippery Rock University by developing collections and services that make the Library integral to the learning process, both within and beyond the classroom. The library exists to provide leadership, vision and coordination for collaborative activities that support and add value to every campus program. The library provides services and training in the areas of preservation of collections and archival materials, information literacy, and distance education through the application of technology.
Bailey Library, composed of three levels and a ground floor, includes computer rooms, a quiet and cozy reading room, a coffee shop, the Writing Center, Technology Learning Center, IMC, and the math emporium. The building also contains over 300 computers for student use. The focal point of the first floor is the Research Services room, where students, staff and faculty are encouraged to collaborate with and ask librarians about research topics and information resources. Information Specialists are available to assist students and other community-members with all of their research needs. Currently, the library subscribes to approximately 76,000 online journals, magazines, and newspapers and other electronic resources. The library collection currently includes over 400,000 books.
Library Administrative Office
Phone: 724.738.2631 or 724.738.2339
The Library Administrative Office houses the Associate Provost of Transformational Experiences, the Manager of Library Operations and the Library secretary. Bailey Library faculty and staff welcome you and invite you to take advantage of the many services and resources that are available in the library. Please take a moment to review our Patron/Student Expectation Policy.
Contact the library administrative office if you would like to:
- Ask about using the library for special events
- Schedule Room 219
- Get permission to hold events directly in front of the library and the main floor lobby. The Completed Library Lobby Request form can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off to room 227.
- Get permission to post signs or banners on the library building, or to set up an information table in the lobby or in front of the building
- Ask a question about the library, its services and events
- Donate gifts to the library
- Ask about getting a job as a student employee in the library. Completed application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off to room 227. No phone calls please.
Manager of Library Operations
207 Bailey Library