2014-2015 Academic Year Department News:
- Dr. Katrina Quinn attended and presented on a panel at the Pennsylvania Communication Association (PCA) with students from Lambda Pi Eta and PRSSA in Pittsburgh, PA on September 27th.
- Dr. Mark Zeltner will attend the National College Media Convention in Philadelphia, PA with four students from the Rocket Newspaper staff from October 29th - November 2nd.
- Dr. Amy Walters will present a workshop at the 2015 Miami Beach International Multidisciplinary Conference in Miami, FL from January 4th - January 6th 2015.
- Dr. Stephen Larson presented a workshop on data mining at the Americas Conference on Information Systems in Savannah, GA from August 7th - August 9th.
- Dr. David Dailey organized and attended the International Conference: The Graphical Web 2014 in Winchester England from August 27th - August 30th. He also chaired a panel, presented one paper as a primary author, and presented a second paper as a secondary author.
- Dr. Deborah Whitfield presented research at the International Conference: The Graphical Web 2014 in Winchester, England on August 30th.
- Dr. David Dailey met with the co-directors of Google Pittsburgh to discuss The Graphical Web conference on September 30th.
- Dr. Paul Mullins attended the PA Association of Computer & Information Science Educators (PACISE) Executive Board meeting in Bellefonte, PA on October 10th.
- Dr. Stephen Larson attended the University System of Maryland Quality Matters Workshop in Hagerstown, MD on October 17th.
- Dr. Deborah Whitfield will be the team coach for the Regional ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest at Youngstown State University in Youngstown, OH from November 7th - November 8th.
- Dr. Mitchell Church will present two papers at and attend the Institute for Operations Research and Management (INFORM) Conference in San Francisco, CA from November 7th - November 11th.
- Dr. Sam Thangiah will chair a session and present two papers at the INFORM Conference in San Francisco, CA from November 9th - November 12th.
- Dr. David Valentine will present a peer-reviewed paper at the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC14) from November 15th - November 20th.
- Dr. Stephen Larson will present a paper at the 48th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences in Kauai, HI from January 5th - January 8th 2015.
Criminology & Criminal Justice:
- Dr. David Champion and Dr. Patrick Harvey will promote the Graduate Program at the 2014 Pennsylvania Conference on Juvenile Justice in Harrisburg, PA from November 6th - November 7th.
- Dr. Kerry Edwards will present a paper at The American Society of Criminology Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA from November 20th - November 22nd.
- Dr. Sarah Kuehn and Dr. Rebecca Ridener will attend and present the paper "A Longitudinal Study of Students Attitudes towards Punishment" at ACJS's 52nd Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL from March 4th - March 6th 2015.
Government Contracting Assistance Center:
- Ms. Renee Decker participated in the "Certification Information" event with the IBEW in Pittsburgh, PA on September 16th.
- Ms. Renee Decker participated in Pittsburgh Public School's 7th Annual Business Opportunity Extravaganza in Washington, D.C. on October 13th.
- Ms. Renee Decker will attend the Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) annual professional development conference in Washington, D.C. from November 10th - November 12th.
Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism:
- Mr. Bruce Boliver attended the Connect Marketplace Conference in Orlando, FL from August 21st - August 23rd.
- Mr. Bruce Boliver attended the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) Annual Conference in Minneapolis, MN from October 8th - October 11th.
- Mr. Bruce Boliver will attend, present, and run the 34th Annual Resort & Commercial Recreation Association Conference with 37 students in Dubuque, IA from November 7th - November 13th.
- MSG Jason Vandergrift attended a Ranger Challenge Event in Ft. Dix, New Jersey from October 10th - October 12th with 11 SRU Ranger Challenge Team Members.
School of Business:
- Dr. Fusun Gonul presented "Adoption of Quick Response (QR) in Print Media: The Role of Competition" at the American Statistical Association 2014 Joint Statistical Meetings in Boston, MA on August 4th.
- Dr. Frances M. Amatucci attended and presented a paper at the Academy of Management conference in Philadelphia, PA on August 5th.
- Mr. Larry McCarthy and Dr. Theresa Wajda presented a paper entitled "Outcomes Assessment for Service-Learning Projects in the Not-For-Profit Sector" in San Antonio, TX at the Marketing Management Association Fall 2014 Educators' Conference on September 19th.
- Dr. Melanie Anderson interviewed two fire departments in Adams County, PA as part of the Financial Fitness of PA Volunteer Fire Companies grant from Center for Rural PA on September 25th and September 26th.
- Dr. Jeananne Nicholls attended the SEInforms Conference to present a paper, attend professional development sessions and be a session discussant in Myrtle Beach, SC from October 1st - October 5th.
- Dr. John Golden attended and presented at the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers Conference 2014 at University College London in London, England from October 2nd - October 4th.
- Dr. John Buttermore visited the St. Paul Homes in Greenville, PA with students as they surveyed residents and prospects for a service learning project on October 8th.
- Dr. Frances Amatucci attended the 1st PRME Regional Meeting in North America hosted by the University of Washington Bothell School of Business in Seattle, WA from October 10th - October 11th.
- Dr. David Culp attended "The Present and Future of Blended Learning" workshop conducted by the University System of Maryland in Hagerstown, MD on October 17th.
- Dr. Jeananna Nicholls, Dr. Sunita Mondal, and Dr. John Golden attended the University System of Maryland Quality Matters Workshop in Hagerstown, MD on October 17th.
- Dr. Rhonda Clark, Dr. John Golden, and Dr. David Jordan will present research for publication at the Northeastern Association for Business, Economics and Technology (NABET) conference in State College, PA from October 23rd - October 24th.
- Dr. Melanie Anderson will attend the North American Association of Business, Economics and Technology (NABET) conference as a Board member and presenter of "Financial status of PA Volunteer Fire Companies" in State College, PA from October 23rd - October 24th.
- Dr. Melanie Anderson will attend and present at the ACBSP Region 2 Conference in Washington, D.C. from November 7th - November 8th.
- Dr. Gohn Golden and Dr. Rhonda Clark will take Economics/Finance Club Students to visit the Federal Reserve Bank, business sites, and museums in Boston, MA from November 12th - November 15th.
- Dr. David Jordan will present a paper at the Society for Behavioral Medicine 36th Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions in San Antonio, TX from April 22nd - April 25th 2015.
- Dr. Robertha Abney attended the 11th Annual Sport Management Student Conference in Moon Township, PA on October 17th.
- Dr. Catriona Higgs will present at the NASSS Conference in Portland, OR from November 5th - November 8th.
- Dr. Brian Crow will accompany students to the SEVT Conference for a case study competition in Columbia, SC from November 19th - November 21st.
- Maria Heintzinger presented on Rock Productions/PRSSA at the Duquesne Conference at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA on September 26th.
- Nicholas Botzer and Zachary Petrusch presented research at the International Conference: The Graphical Web 2014 in Winchester, England on August 30th.
- Nicklaus Benedict, Nicholas Botzer, William Botzer, Ron O'Dell, Zachary Petrusch, and Marc Sensenich will participate in the Regional ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest at Youngstown State University in Youngstown, OH from November 7th - November 8th.
- Emily Day, Marc Sensenich, Aaron Weckerly, Larry Wilson and Cody Young will present a paper at the Institute for Operations Research and Management (INFORM) Conference in San Francisco, CA from November 9th - November 12th.
Criminology & Criminal Justice:
Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism:
- The following students will attend, present, and work with the event planner (Mr. Bruce Boliver) at the Resort & Commercial Recreation Association's National Conference in Dubuque, IA from November 8th - November 12th: Taylor Alford, Emily Bandi, Molly Brown, Samantha Caprini, Stephanie Cheek, Karissa Cichon, Connor DeAugustine, Tayler Defibaugh, Britten Denkovich, Lydia Dubrosky, Suzanne (Beth) Dulak, Brooke Edwards, Caroline Egan, Maura George, Meghan Haskins, Alysa Iorio, Caitlin Jones, Amanda Kaplon, Tiffany Keagy, Amanda Kimble, Theresa King, James Kuczynski, Kelsey Lehnerd, Jessica Lewis, Stephanie Malone, Olivia Null, Erika Pentland, Caitlynn Richeal, Haley Robertson, Kathryn (Katie) Roncaglione, Juliana Segura, Kate (Katie) Seth, Amanda Sharpless, Olivia Thomas, Austin Troutner, and Mary Wilde.
School of Business:
- Ryan Betz and Brianne Roman surveyed residents and prospects at the St. Paul Community in Greenville, PA as part of a service learning project on October 8th.
- The following students from the Economics/Finance Club will join Dr. John Golden on a trip to see the Federal Reserve Bank, business sites, and museums in Boston, MA from November 12th - November 15th: Kayla Ramsey, Courtney Dwyer, Megan Peters, Breanna Reiley, Sithie Rizwan (Rikaza), Kristen Check, Leanne McDermott, Marisa Lombardo, Tanner Lewis, Matthew Eichler, Tyler Malorni, Alexander Ford, Paul Johnson, Derik Widomski, Cody Cashdollar, and Vaughn Houck.
- Katlyn Gable, Brittany Grove and Holly Kennedy will represent SRU in a case study competition at the SEVT Conference in Columbia, SC from November 19th - November 21st.
To view past academic year activities click on the following link: