Alpha Kappa Psi - Iota Upsilon Chapter (SRU)
A co-ed, professional business fraternity.
Nearly 240,000 initiated members world-wide
Chartered at more than 300 campuses in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom.
- Vision Statement:
Alpha Kappa Psi is recognized as the premier developer of principled business leaders
- Core Values:
In developing principled business leaders, Alpha Kappa Psi adheres to these lifetime values:
- Brotherhood– Trust, respect, cooperation, companionship, and aid to brother members is the expected norm
- Knowledge – Education and experience is emphasized and shared
- Integrity – All actions, whether in business or in life, are guided by honesty, ethics, and fairness
- Service – Sharing of time, talent, and treasure with society and with our fraternity is a priority
- Unity – A common understanding of our vision and values that transcends chapter, generation, and profession is utilized to anticipate and create the future
Membership information (who can join):
Open to business majors, business minors, and others with an interest in business careers.
(2.5 GPA and above)
Advantages of membership:
Professional development, service activities and brotherhood / networking.
How to join:
Attend informational meetings at the beginning of each semester. First semester is spent as a “trainee” learning about the fraternity, the brothers, and participating in fraternity activities before being initatied as a “full” brother.
Faculty advisor(s): Dr. Bruce Orvis
Link to your national organization: akpsi.org