Alignment of University Student Learning and Development Outcomes, Program Goals, and Course Objectives
Slippery Rock University has identified eight outcomes for student learning and development that are consistent with the mission of the University.
1. Communication: Communicate effectively in speech and in writing, using appropriate information sources, presentation formats, and technologies.
2. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Locate, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information and ideas from multiple perspectives—mathematical, scientific, and humanistic. Apply this information literacy to contemporary challenges.
3. Values and Ethics: Demonstrate an understanding of how the values of personal integrity, cooperative action, and respect for diversity influence one’s own behavior and the individual and group behavior of others.
4. Social Awareness and Civic Responsibility: Use knowledge of evolving historical perspectives to interact effectively in a variety of social and political contexts.
5. Global Interdependence: Act with an understanding of the cultural, socio-economic, and biological interdependence of planetary life.
6. Personal Development: Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, as well as a commitment to wellness, and to emotional and spiritual growth.
7. Aesthetic Perception and Ability: Appreciate artistic expression and demonstrate an understanding of the creative process, finding vital and original ways to express feelings and insights in one’s work.
8. Professional Proficiency: Apply knowledge and skills to meet professional competencies within a specific discipline.