Established in 1893 as the oldest national professional fraternity of its kind in the communication arts and sciences in the US.
Zeta Phi Eta’s purposes are to:
1. "provide opportunities for sharing professional interests through participation in worthwhile activities in the field of communication”
2. “provide a climate in which members can develop sound professional philosophies”
3. “stimulate and encourage all worthy enterprises in the communication field”
Zeta Motto: Achieve with wisdom, integrity, and love.
- Current enrollment at SRU
- A minimum of three completed courses in the communication major, theatre major, or English writing major
- An overall GPA of 2.0 (You need to get Dr. Swarts a current copy of your DARS)
- A major GPA of 3.0
- Take and pass a brief written quiz covering Zeta history & policies
- Receive a ¾ vote of chapter members
Note: Upon graduation if you are in good standing with your campus chapter, you will automatically be able to join a professional chapter of Zeta Phi Eta.