The Public Relations Student Society of America is a pre-professional public relations organization that was formed by the parent organization PRSA (Public Relations Society of America). It is a student-run organization that helps students prepare themselves for a career in public relations.
The student society aims to foster the following:
- Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
- Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
- Appreciation of Associate Membership in PRSA and eventually accredited membership
- To serve our members by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to professional development opportunities;
- To serve the public relations profession by helping to develop highly qualified, well-prepared professionals.