Skip to main content




9.  ROTC offers a program called Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). Once you hit junior status you are eligible for the program (unless you have an ROTC scholarship). As an SMP cadet you will contract with ROTC but remain in your current unit and participate in the regular drill weekends but you will be shadowing a 2LT. You will also be drawing E-5 pay for your drill weekend, the ROTC cadet monthly stipend, the GI Bill (if you are still eligible), and a monthly kicker through your unit. You will ultimately earn your commission as a 2LT and either go on active duty or stay with your Reserve/National Guard unit.