Jeffrey Lynn, Ph.D.
Dr. Lynn has been at SRU since 2003 as a faculty member and coordinator of the Exercise Science Program. He has been the Assistant Chairperson of the Department of Exercise and Rehabilitative Sciences since 2008 and he became the Assistant to the Dean of the College of Health, Environment, and Science in 2014. Prior to joining SRU, Dr. Lynn earned his Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology from Kent State University and then spent 2 years as a post-doctoral researcher at the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine. He also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration with concentrations in finance and business management.
Patricia Pierce, Ph.D. FACSM, CSCS
Dr. Pierce started her career at Slippery Rock University in 1994 after teaching in the Upper St. Clair School district for seven years. Since 2005, she has served as the Chairperson of the Department of Exercise and Rehabilitative Sciences and became the Assistant to the Dean of the College of Health, Environment, and Science in 2014. Her educational background includes a BSEd in Physical Education from SRU and a MS and PhD in Exercise Physiology from the University of Pittsburgh.
The Assistants to the Dean of the College of Health, Environment, and Science are responsible for:
- Acting as the “Dean of Students” for the college including responsibility for all student concerns and problems such as extended absence, probation, suspension, dismissal, and readmission to the University
- Evaluating and processing student requests for waivers/substitutions, excess hours, etc.
- Representing the College in the absence of the Dean
- Representing the College on the University Professional Development Day Committee
- Monitoring and assisting programs within the college with strategic planning and assessment
- Assisting the Dean with activities associated with administration of the College