Slippery Rock University will support Undergraduate Research (UR) in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) as an integral part of the educational experience.
- To improve student learning by fostering a spirit of inquiry
- To help students acquire skills to be competitive in a global community
- To increase quality and quantity of student/faculty interaction with regards to Undergraduate Research inside and outside of the classroom
- To establish and maintain a community of "teaching scholars"
- To increase effort towards finding funding for Undergraduate Research
- To create a system that sustains Undergraduate Research