The Exercise Science major will prepare you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to work as a professional in the health and fitness industry. You will be skilled in:
- Evaluating health behaviors and risk factors
- Conducting fitness assessments
- Developing and implementing safe and effective exercise prescriptions
- Motivating individuals to modify negative health habits and maintain positive lifestyle behaviors.
Exercise Science professionals perform these activities in settings such as:
- Fitness centers
- University recreation facilities
- Corporate wellness
- Community wellness
- Sports performance
You may choose the Exercise Science major as excellent preparation for graduate school.