The mission of the Exercise Science Program at Slippery Rock University is to develop competent and contributing entry-level professionals in the field of exercise science in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (abilities) learning domains. This is accomplished by providing quality academic preparation that incorporates both classroom and supervised practical experiences.
Professional Interaction and Communication:
· To interact and communicate effectively by presenting information in oral, written, and technology formats; collaborating with professionals and peers; expressing ideas clearly; and giving and receiving feedback.
· To utilize knowledge, skills, and abilities to evaluate health behavior and risk factors; develop, implement, and evaluate exercise and wellness programs, and employ behavioral strategies to motivate individuals to adopt and maintain positive lifestyle behaviors.
Professional Ethics and Conduct:
· To demonstrate behavior that preserves the integrity of a profession, prevents misrepresentation, and protects the consumer.
Professional and Personal Development:
· To continuously improve knowledge, skills, and abilities and to uphold a professional image through actions and appearance.
Professional Decision Making (Problem Solving):
· To demonstrate critical thinking by making decisions based on multiple perspectives and evidence-based practice.