Pearl K. Stoner Scholarship
Criteria as of January 1, 2013
1. The scholarship is to be awarded to an undergraduate student pursuing the Bachelor of Science degree in environmental studies or environmental science. Should these degree programs cease to exist then those undergraduate students pursuing degrees in environmental-related disciplines shall be awarded the scholarships.
2. Incoming freshman
3. Financial need
4. Demonstrating scholastic achievement of a minimum of 3.0 high school GPA
5. Students from Somerset, PA and surrounding communities will receive first preference.
6. This is a $3,000 scholarship renewable for four years provided the student maintains a satisfactory academic record at SRU (minimum of 3.0 GPA annually)
7. Scholarship awardees will be determined by the Geography, Geology and the Environment (GGE) Chair and/or a faculty representative form GGE
Award amount: $3,000