Skip to main content





The springhouse provides protection of the existing ground-source spring, space for storage of garden tools and equipment, and space for washing and packing vegetables from the harvest.  The structure was rebuilt in 2004, and utilizes the original 1920's sandstone foundation.  Construction was completed from recycled and local materials: salvaged concrete block and lumber, locally harvested and sawn lumber, and broken tile and pots. 

A living roof system protects the structure by absorbing water and sunlight, and by providing insulation and protection from thermal shock.



Next Tour Page >

 Tour Navigation

< Prev    Next >

The Macoskey Center
247 Harmony Road
Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Upcoming Events:
Kaleidoscope Earth Day
April 25 11:00-4:00
Carnival in the Quad
April 21 10:00-2:00