Admission Requirements for the RN to BSN Program:
Applicants must have:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or awaiting NCLEX exam results
- Minimum of 63 non-remedial college credits
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- All credits from Associate Degree nursing programs transfer. Review Transfer Course Equivalencies website for more specifics.
- Diploma graduates are granted 30 credits for their nursing coursework. Any college credits earned while in the diploma program will transfer.
- All credits from baccalaureate degree in another discipline will transfer: applicant will complete only the 39 credits in the nursing curriculum.
- Liberal Studies: All students must complete 48 liberal studies credits. These courses can be transferred in or completed during the RN to BSN program.
Applicants should apply online to SRU Admissions:
- a completed application
- application fee of $30.00
- official transcripts from every post-secondary institution (including school of nursing)
- copy of RN license (attach copy of license to the application)
- Application will be reviewed by SRU Admissions Office
- Letter of acceptance will be sent to applicant by SRU Admissions
- Applicant will respond to the offer of admissions
- Application will be sent to Department of Nursing
- Nursing Chair will review application and send a contract letter and worksheet with a list of all courses needed to graduate from the RN to BSN program.
Admission Requirements for the School Nurse Certificate:
Applicants must meet the following PA Department of Education requirements:
Immediately prior to taking N623 Nursing Practice with School Populations-PR, which contains the 100 hours of preceptor experience, the student must show proof of:
- Completion of NURS 603, SEFE 607, and a minimum of 2 Special Education courses completed prior to taking NURS 622-623
- Current CPR Certification
- Act 34 Clearance -- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- Act 151 Clearance -- PA Child Abuse History
- Act 114 Clearance -- FBI Background Check
(Please Note: Fingerprinting must be completed through the Department of Education, not the Department of Public Welfare.)
- Proof of personal professional malpractice insurance
Applicants should apply online to SRU Graduate Admissions:
A completed graduate application includes:
Application will be reviewed by SRU Graduate Admissions Office
Letter of acceptance will be sent to applicant by SRU Graduate Admissions
Applicant must respond to the offer of admission
Application will be sent to Department of Nursing
Nursing Chair will review application and send a welcome letter and worksheet with a list of all courses needed to graduate from the School Nurse Certificate program
Applicants are accepted each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer) until the courses are full
If courses are full, applicant will be offered admission into the program for the next semester
Questions contact Dr. Diane Tomasic email@example.com, or 724-738-4285