Can be completed as a full-time or part-time student, at a pace set by the student.
Curriculum consists of 39 credits -- 9 mandatory nursing courses (27 credits); 2 nursing electives (6 credits); and 2 support courses: Statistics for the Social Sciences and Medical Health Care Ethics (6 credits).
Allows for the transfer of all credits from Associate Degree Programs or previous baccalaureate degrees.
Gives 30 credits to diploma program graduates.
Is a strong educational foundation for future graduate study.
Admission Requirements For the RN to BSN Program:
Applicants must have:
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 63 non-remedial college credits
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- All non remedial credits from Associate Degree nursing programs transfer. Review Transfer Course Equivalencies website for more specifics.
- Diploma graduates are granted 30 credits for their nursing coursework. Any college credits earned while in the diploma program will transfer.
- All credits from Baccalaureate Degree in another discipline will transfer: applicant will complete only the 39 credits in the nursing curriculum.
- Liberal Studies: All students must complete 48 liberal studies credits. These courses can be transferred in or completed during the RN to BSN program.
Applicants should apply online to SRU Admissions:
- a completed application
- application fee of $30.00
- official transcripts from every post-secondary institution (including school of nursing)
- copy of RN license (attach copy of license to the application)
- Application will be reviewed by SRU Admissions Office
- Letter of offer will be sent to applicant by SRU Admissions per Department of Nursing criteria
- Applicant will respond to the offer of admissions
- Nursing Chair will review materials and send a welcome letter and RN to BSN worksheet with a list of all courses needed to meet the graduation requirements of the program