The individualized instruction of our dedicated faculty, in combination with your talent, passion, and determination, leads to many fulfilling career opportunities.
SRU graduates expand their talent at graduate schools such as Carnegie Mellon University, Tyler School of Art, Buffalo State University, Texas Tech University, North Carolina State University, Penn State University, Syracuse University, and Maryland Institute of College Art. Graduates also teach art in K-12 schools.
Others who employ SRU graduates include:
- National Textile Museum, Washington, D.C.
- Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, PA
- Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA
- Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati, OH
- Associated Artists of Butler County, Butler, PA
An undergraduate degree in art from SRU can put you on the path to many exciting career opportunities. Some of the following may require additional certification or advanced degrees:
- Art Education: K-12, College Art Instructor
- Art Gallery: Director/Owner/Operator, Auction Galleries, Art Historian
- Art Museums: Museum Director and Curator, Conservator and Restorer
- Architecture and Environmental Design, Fashion
- Design, and Product Design
- Crafts: Ceramist, Clothing or Jewelry Designer
- Film, TV, and Multimedia: Digital Designer/Multimedia
- Graphic Artist, Film Artist, Film Animation Artist, Game Designer
- Fine Art: Fiber Artist, Painter, Photographer, Sculptor, Printmaker, Video Artist
- Graphic Design: Advertising Agency, Free-lance Designer, Graphic Designer, Logo Design and Corporate Identity, Package Designer, Type Designer
- Photography: Fashion Photographer, Photojournalist,
- Product and Food Photographer
- Theater and Stage Design: Costume Designer
- Exhibition Designer, Scenic Designer