Goals of the Institute
· Promoting and conducting research on multiculturalism in education and on Frederick Douglass
· Enhancing the academic experience for all students at Slippery Rock University
· Establishing opportunities for advanced study for members of the academic community
· Sponsoring distinguished exhibits, lectures and library collections
· Collaborating with academic programs on campus, historical societies and other educational and cultural agencies
· Improving the recruitment and retention and graduation rates of historically disadvantaged students.