SRU's Music Therapy Program
We pride ourselves in our student-focused and music-focused approach to teaching and learning about music therapy here at SRU. Our music therapy program is unique in both our philosophy and approach--we use a strength-based approach that focuses on client empowerment and also examine issues of diversity and oppression that may limit a client's ability to reach their full potential.
Students in SRU's Music Therapy Program can expect to have ample opportunties for experiential learning (students have 6 semester of supervised clinical training prior to their internship) as well as scholarly exploration of music therapy theory, philosophy, and competencies.
What makes SRU's Music Therapy Program Unique?
- Student Mentorship Program
- Opportunities for Faculty-Student Research
- Opportunities for Leadership Roles in Active Student MT Club
- Faculty with Diverse Clinical Experience
- Faculty with Diverse Research Interests
Return to Music Therapy Homepage