Skip to main content

 Facilities 

 

SPOTLIGHT

 West Gym
West Gym

West Gym houses the Adapted Physical Activity Program, as well as classrooms, a gym, a pool, and a room full of equipment for use in the adapted program. West Gym has been a part of campus for over 100 years, as it was constructed in 1906.

 

East Gym
East Gym
East Gym was built in 1931. Together, East Gym and West Gym make up the Pearl K. Stoner Instructional Complex.

 
Aebersold Student Recreation Center

Aebersold Student Recreation Center (ARC)
The ARC houses the Office of Campus Recreation, climbing wall, gymnasiums, pool, health fitness center, and Office of Intramurals and Club Sports.
 

Storm Harbor Equestrian Center
Storm Harbor Equestrian Center
Storm Harbor Equestrian Center offers equine assisted activities to individuals with disabilities. SHEC is home to eleven horses and three cats. The facilities include an indoor arena, outdoor arena, four pastures, twelve stalls, classroom, offices, kitchen, and restrooms. The center has a variety of saddles, including an adapted saddle for individuals with more severe disabilities. There is also a lift to assist clients who use wheelchairs in mounting their horses.

Construction of Storm Harbor Equestrian Center was made possible by donations from Ethel Carruth, Dr. Carolyn Carruth-Rizza, and Dr. Paul Rizza. The center was built in 2005.