Skip to main content

 Distance Education State Authorization 



Due to new federal regulation, all universities offering distance education courses in states other than their own must receive authorization from those states to do so.  Working with the other PASSHE schools, Slippery Rock University is developing a strategy for applying for necessary state authorizations.

If you are a student or state agency and would like to inquire about Slippery Rock University's distance education courses and programs, please contact the department of distance education by emailing

Slippery Rock University students who live outside of the state of Pennsylvannia, or are engaged in distance education courses at SRU while in a state other than Pennsylvannia, please refer to the Academic Policies website (graduate and undergraduate) and the Green and White student handbook for resolving issues and complaints internally.  If you are unable to resolve and issue internally, you may contact the appropriate State Agency.  We ask that you please try to resolve all complaints with the University internally before going to an outside agency.

Get ahead. Stay ahead. Put your semester break to good use. Take Winter Session classes at SRU.

Winter Session

DEC. 18 to JAN. 14

Choose from more than 85 general education or major courses.

Earn up to 7 credits in less than a month!