Skip to main content

 Credit for Military Service 



Slippery Rock University awards undergraduate credit for military service and military schooling. Credit is not awarded solely for the completion of basic training or for Military Occupational Specialties (MOS).

To receive credit for military service, a student must submit a DD214 or other official military record documenting a minimum of one year of continuous active duty. Students meeting this requirement will be awarded three credits of Basic Military Science.

Students may receive credit for military schooling, regardless of the length of active or inactive duty, by submitting a DD214, Army/ACE Registry Transcript (AARTS)Sailor/Marine/ACE Registry Transcript (SMART)Community College of the Airforce (CCAF), DSST Exams (formally known as DANTES), or other official military record documenting completion of military coursework.

All evaluations are based upon the recommendations found in the American Council on Education's "Guidebook to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services."

Students should submit their DD214 and all applicable military educational records to the Director of Academic Records and Summer School, Room 107, Old Main.


Writing Outcomes for SRU Graduates

Academic Records and Summer School
107 Old Main
Slippery Rock University
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Phone: (724) 738-2010
Fax: (724) 738-2936