Slippery Rock University hereby designates the following student information as public or "Directory Information." Such information may be disclosed without a student's previous consent by the institution for any purpose, at its discretion.
- Addresses (local, permanent, and e-mail)
- Telephone number (local and permanent)
- Date and place of birth
- Program and concentration
- Student activities, including athletics
- Weight, height (athletic teams)
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received
- Date of graduation
- All educational institutions previously attended
- Academic Awards/Scholarships
- Title of Master Thesis
- Number of credits (full- or part-time) for which a student is registered
- Pictures of students (for university use in publications, press releases and advertisements)
- Class level
- Anticipated graduation date
Currently enrolled students have the opportunity to withhold disclosure of all 17 categories of information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. The University will not partially withhold this information, so students are advised to think carefully before requesting non-disclosure. To withhold disclosure, written notification must be received in the Office of Academic Records and Summer School, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, Pa 16057 prior to the end of the second week of each semester/summer session. Forms requesting the withholding of “Directory Information” are available in the Office of Academic Records and Summer School, Room 107, Old Main.
Slippery Rock University assumes that failure on the part of any student to specifically request the withholding of “Directory Information” indicates individual approval for disclosures. Former students and alumni are not covered under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. As such, the University is not obligated to honor requests for non-disclosure of “Directory Information” from former students.
NOTE: Students requesting that “Directory Information” not be disclosed during their final semester of enrollment will have this information withheld indefinitely after leaving the University. Students are cautioned that making such a request may adversely impact future requests from potential employers, and other important individuals/organizations.