1. To facilitate undergraduate student enrollment at institutions of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education to take advantage of courses available across the System, without loss of institutional residency, eligibility for honors or athletics, or credits toward graduation at the home institution.
1. The student must be matriculated at the home university with a minimum of 12 college-level credits and be in good academic standing.
2. Students may take a maximum of 24 credits via the Visiting Student Policy.
3. The student who presents evidence of good standing at the home university will be allowed to register for courses at other PASSHE universities. The visiting student priority level for registration will be determined by each university.
4. All credits and grades accrued at other PASSHE universities shall be accepted in full by the home university and thereafter treated as home university credits, residency, and grades.
a. It is the responsibility of the student to work with the student’s advisor at the home institution regarding applicability of credits towards graduation requirements at the home institution consistent with PASSHE procedures.
b. It is the responsibility of the student to complete the Visiting Student Notification Form and submit to the home institution prior to enrolling in courses at another PASSHE institution.
c. Students cannot use The Visiting Student Program to repeat courses.
d. Students cannot use the Visiting Student Program for internship or practica that are required for licensure or certification without the express written permission of their appropriate university officials at the home university and placement availability at the requested institution.
5. The student shall register at, and pay tuition and fees to, the State System University visited. A student wishing to divide a course load between two institutions during the same term shall register and pay appropriate tuition and fees at both universities. 6. The Office of the Chancellor will work with universities to establish and publish procedures to identify visiting students such that financial aid, residency, eligibility for honors, eligibility of athletics and credits to graduation are assured.