ARE YOU UNSURE ABOUT AN ACADEMIC MAJOR?
Many new students (more than 200 per year at Slippery Rock University) come to college with the skills and abilities to succeed but without a clear idea about a college major.
At Slippery Rock University, we welcome the undecided (EXPLORATORY) student. By declaring “exploratory” as your major choice when you come to SRU, you will have the opportunity to learn about different majors and minors, take self-discovery inventories, and meet faculty and students who will help to guide you toward choosing the best major for you. Students who choose Exploratory Studies receive one-on-one advisement to help with their individual needs and concerns about choosing a major.
Why choose “exploratory”?
- Gives you the time to learn more about majors and minors at SRU
- Allows you to explore your skills, values, interests, and abilities
- You can work with the Office of Career Education and Development to decide if the major you choose has employment opportunities suited to you and your goals
- When you do choose a major, you will know your choice is informed by honest self-reflection, thorough investigation of possible majors, and exploration of career opportunities.
- You can live with other exploratory students as a part of the Explore, Discover, Decide Living-Learning Community.
Director of Exploratory Studies Program:
106 Bailey Library