Roles and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities of the Advisor - The Faculty Member
· Clearly define advisor/advisee responsibilities for an advisee.
· Become acquainted with each advisee's academic and educational needs.
· Help evaluate a student's academic abilities (match with the student's selected major) and their education plans (interests).
· Provide students with current academic information about procedures, policies, and requirements for SRU degree programs.
· Assist the student in developing course schedules and offer advice on student choices of Liberal Studies courses and electives.
· Provide their advisees with their RAC code prior to registration.
· Sign advisees' appropriate advisement forms such as the Add/Drop or Withdrawal Forms when needed.
· Provide advisees with information concerning alternatives, limitations, and possible outcomes of academic choices.
· Direct students to available campus resources according to their individual needs.
· Encourage students to review their academic progress regularly using their My Rock Audit, searching for possible conflicts or omissions.
· Listen to personal (non-academic) concerns of the advisees.
· Provide advice about graduate/professional school and job opportunities.