Parma City School District Annual Career Fair
Date: Wednesday, December 18th, 2013
Time: 4:30pm - 7:30pm
Location: Parma Senior High School Cafeteria
6285 West 54th St.
Parma, OH 44129
The Parma City School District Annual Career Fair provides the teachers and support staff candidates with an opportunity to interview with school administrators well in advance of the traditional hiring season. These are pre- screening interviews that will last approximately 15-20 minutes. The district is currently looking forward to interviewing candidates in all certification areas as well as candidates that have an interest in subbing in our district.
Students can find more information regarding this event and registration here. Registration deadline is December 13, 2013.
Penn State Fall Teacher Job Fair
Date: Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
Open Fair: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Interviews: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Penn State Hotel & Conference Center, University Park, PA
Job Seeker Information
Participating School Districts - More districts added regularly. Please check back often.
Who May Attend
- All teacher candidates from any college/university may attend
- May 2014 graduates are welcome
- No pre-registration is necessary
- No fee to attend
Things to Know
- Links to the participating school districts are available at: https://psu-csm.symplicity.com/events/students.php?cf=ftf2013. Review this information and know which district representatives you would like to meet.
- While the Job Fair brings many hiring officials to campus, it also attracts HUNDREDS of teacher candidates seeking a limited number of positions. Do NOT use this event as your sole source for securing a job. During previous events, inexperienced job seekers have expressed frustration about the number of candidates competing with them for interviews. Unprepared candidates will feel overwhelmed.
Job Fair Format
Because of the large number of participants, you may have to wait to speak with a recruiter. Please be patient and courteous.
Directions: Driving Directions
A list of accommodations in the area may be found at: http://www.visitpennstate.org/.
- Many districts will be scheduling interviews during the first hour. Early arrival is recommended.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to speak with as many school officials as possible. Don't limit yourself geographically - you may be surprised!
- Do not expect a job offer during the Job Fair. This is part of the screening process. However, it is your opportunity to make a good first impression.
- Dress professionally. You will be standing in line, so wear comfortable shoes and don't carry a lot of excess baggage.
- Bring plenty of quality resumes, pens and pencils to the event
- Follow up with the districts in which you are interested.