Journalism & English Job Search Engines & Resource Sites
American Society of Business Publication Editors
- A professional association for full-time and freelance editors and writers employed in the business, trade, and specialty press. Job board available.
American Society of Journalists and Authors
American Society of Magazine Editors
- Founded in 1948, the American Society of Journalists and Authors is the nation's leading organization of independent nonfiction writers. Membership consists of freelance writers of magazine articles, trade books, and many other forms of nonfiction writing, each of whom has met ASJA's exacting standards of professional achievement. Provides lots of information on a career as a nonfiction writer.
American Society of Newspaper Editors
- Magazine Publishers of America (MPA) is the industry association for consumer magazines.Lists full time jobs and internships.
- A membership organization for daily newspaper editors, people who serve the editorial needs of daily newspapers and certain distinguished individuals who have worked on behalf of editors through the years. Includes a job board.
Association of American Publishers
- A professional association covering broad issues important to all publishers as well as issues of specific concern to particular segments of the industry.
Association for Women in Communication
- The Association for Women in Communications is the one organization that recognizes the complex relationships that exist across communications disciplines. Features a career center.
- The marketplace for the publishing industry, where editors and agents buy and sell unpublished and published properties and serious writers get exposure to publishing professionals. Plus news, searchable databases, and other essential tools for publishers, editors, agents, and writers
- Your one-stop center for all you need to know about Book Publishing. Find jobs in all fields of book publishing anywhere in the country
Coffee House For Writers
- Featuring an email community for writers of all types, including poets.
Editor and Publisher.com
- Welcome to the association of public relations, marketing, graphics, advertising, training, and other communications organizations with more than 12,000 professional members. Features a job board.
- Features jobs in the newspaper industry.
- A web site to help writers, journalists, public relations pros, and researchers succeed in their professional careers. Features a job posting and classified jobs section.
Indispensable Writing Resources
International Association of Business Communicators
- Guides to good writing and featured links to job posting sites.
I Want Media.com
- A resource for effective communication practice. Provides products, services, activities and networking opportunities to help people and organizations achieve excellence in public relations, employee communication, marketing communication, public affairs and other forms of communication. Includes a job bank.
Joblink for Journalists
- This site identifies links for job listings in entertainment, media, journalism, newspapers, etc. Also identifies additional sources of information including books.
Journalism Job Bank
- Free job postings for those interested in journalism.
- Hosted by UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. Job listings.
- The largest and most-visited resource for media jobs, and receives almost two million page views a month. It has the best variety of jobs, and the largest database of resumes for journalists.
- The leading site on the web for journalists of color. Job listings and additional information.
- Dedicated to anyone who creates or works with content, or who is a non-creative professional working in a content/creative industry. Features a job board.
National Conference of Editorial Writers
- A nonprofit professional organization that exists to improve the quality of editorial pages and broadcast editorials, and to promote high standards among opinion writers and editors. Includes a job posting board.
National Council of Teachers of English
- Devoted to improving the teaching and learning of English and the language arts at all levels of education. Includes a job posting bank.
Pennsylvania Newspaper Association
- The guide is alphabetized by city. Each listing details information about the internships available at that publication, including editorial, advertising, photography and other valuable learning opportunities.
Poets & Writers Magazine
- Poets & Writers Magazine is the primary source for what creative writers need to know. Includes a classified section.
- Publishers Weekly, the 131-year-old international news magazine of the $23 billion book industry, reaches every major publisher worldwide. It's the leading publication serving all segments involved in the creation, production, marketing and sale of the written word in book, audio, video and electronic formats.
Society of Professional Journal
- Lists full time jobs and internships in journalism.
Web Resources for Journalists
- Includes search engines and other resources for journalists.
- An extensive resource on where and how to sell what you write.