How to apply for Student Employment
When searching for an on-campus job, one method is to use College Central Network.
As a current student of SRU, you have been pre-registered for this service at no cost to you. If you haven't already accessed your account, you must update your account prior to being able to view on-campus employment opportunities.
To update your College Central account for the first time:
- Go to www.collegecentral.com/slipperyrock
- Click the "Students" icon
- Click on the link to "log in at student central"
- Click the "Forgot your password?" link next to the password field
- Enter your SRU Student ID (example: ACB1234)in the Access ID field
- Enter your full SRU email address
- Click the Find Registration button, enter a new password in both fields
- Click the Submit button
- Agree to the "Terms of Agreement" at the bottom of the page
To view SRU campus part-time and Work Study employment opportunities:
- Log into your College Central account (using the steps above)
- Under the "Search for Opportunities Posted to My School" heading click on "Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School" (this takes you to the School Job Search page)
- In the "School Job ID" field, type SRUCampus
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press "Begin Search"
This will give you the most recent listing of part-time on-campus and work study opportunities. Each listing can be viewed by pressing the Job ID # (in red). You will be able to read the description and most important the Application Instructions.
* YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME.
The on-campus employment application formmust be filled out and submitted to the office that you are applying to work. After completing the application form you can save it to your hard drive or print it out for distribution. When applying to a position, be sure to follow the application directions listed for the job on where and how to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless you are applying for a position in the Office of Career Education & Development, please DO NOT return your application to the Office of Career Education & Development. We are not responsible for forwarding your application to other departments.
If you have any questions or need assistance in accessing the campus employment service, please contact the Office of Career Education & Development by calling 724-738-2028 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in working in a particular office or department, go directly to that area to find out about their hiring needs. You may find this list of on-campus offices that regularly employ studentshelpful as you are searching for a position on campus.
Departments requiring their own Application:
- AVI Food Service, click here
- Abersold Recreation Center, click here
- Bailey Library, (Stop by the front desk in Bailey Library)
- Information & Administrative Technology Services,
(applications available in department office, 200 Maltby Center)
- Residence Life, click here
Our employment services now involve a cooperative effort with College Central Network, Inc. Once you register you will be able to post any/all positions that you have to offer.
Student New Hire/Rehire Form (Students must take form with them to payroll in order to be added to eTime)
Supervisor's Manualfor Student Employment at SRU
To post a position, please go to: http://www.collegecentral.com/slipperyrock/
Once at the site you will:
- Choose the "Employer's" button
- Choose the "Register Now" option
- Complete and submit the registration form, after which you will receive an email with a password
- You will then return to the web site above, choose the "Employer's button, then choose the "Online Services", enter your ID and password and post your position/internship
This is quick and easy and won't take much time at all to complete. Be sure to take a look around while you are logged in to see firsthand all of the new options you will have available with this update!