Skip to main content
Financial Aid 

 Veterans Admission, Housing, and Financial Aid Information 




You will be required to submit an admission application and fee, as well as official transcripts from high school and/or colleges previously attended, and other documents as specified by the Admissions Office.. Contact the Admissions Office at 724-738-2015 or toll free at 1-800-929-4778 for more details and an application or complete an application on-line by clicking the Admissions Page below. Admission to the university may be closed at any time, so application for admission should be made as early as possible. The Admissions Office is located in 146 North Hall Welcome Center.  The Office of Admissions can also be reached by e-mail at

Click here for the SRU Admissions Page


A variety of housing options exist at Slippery Rock University, and one such opportunity is the Outdoor Adventure & Military Leadership Living-Learning Community. Please contact Jaime L. Russell (724-738-4828) or Cathie Sadler (724-738-2719) from the Office of Residence Life for on-campus housing information.  Information about off-campus housing can also be found at the Office of Residence Life webpage.

Financial Aid:

Students wishing to be considered for all forms of state and federal financial aid (PA State Grant, Pell Grant, SEOG, TEACH, Perkins Loan, Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan, and Federal Work Study) must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The FAFSA must be received by May 1st prior to the upcoming school year for PA state grant consideration.  Students who miss the May 1st deadline will still be considered for federal aid.  

Students can file the FAFSA electronically at www.fafsa.ed.govSRU's Federal Code for the FAFSA is 003327.  Approximately 3-4 weeks after filing the FAFSA electronically, students will receive a federal Student Aid Report (SAR).  You may contact the Veteran's Coordinator regarding eligibility when you receive the SAR.  If you anticipate a reduction in income or unusual expenses for the academic year, contact the Financial Aid Office for a Special Circumstance Form. 

NOTE: If you are a veteran and the SAR indicates that your veteran status cannot be verified, bring a copy of your DD214 to the Financial Aid Office so this can be resolved by our staff.

Definition of "VETERAN" for financial aid purposes:  To be considered a "veteran" for financial aid purposes, you must 1) be/have engaged in active duty in the US Armed Forces or as a member of the National Guard or Reserves who was called to active duty for purposes other than training, or were a cadet or midshipman at one of the service academies, and 2) were released under a condition other than dishonorable.  Additional guidance is provided in the FAFSA instructions. 

Veterans are encouraged to review our programs and application processes for all forms of financial aid offered at Slippery Rock University.  Detailed information can be found through the SRU Financial Aid Office homepage.


Contact Information

1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock PA 16057

107 Maltby Center

724.738.2922 (fax)

M-F: 8:00-4:30
Summer: 8:00-4:00

A Guide for Veterans
Click the image to view the SRU brochure for Veterans, Service Members, and their Families


Debt Management and Identity Theft