2015 Summer Direct Loan Request Form
Students may be able to qualify for financial aid for the Summer Session dependent upon their eligibility, the availability of financial aid funds and the following criteria:
- Complete a 2015 Summer Direct Loan Request Form. The Summer 2015 application will become available on April 1, 2015.
- You must complete the 2014-15 FAFSA and receive a valid Expected Family Contribution prior to June 30, 2015.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Must be enrolled in an eligible program.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least six credits to be eligible for federal loans.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least six graduate credits during the summer to be eligible for federal loans.
- Undergraduate Pennsylvania residents who wish to pursue PHEAA State Grant eligibility for summer must apply online at www.pheaa.org. The recommended filing date is May 31. Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least six credits over an 8 week period during the summer to be eligible for the PHEAA State Grants.
- Students who will graduate in August 2015 or December 2015 may be eligible to utilize 2015-16 financial aid eligibility. To be considered for aid based on 2015-16 eligibility, a student must:
- Complete a 2015-16 FAFSA for Pell Grant consideration (undergraduate students)
- "Apply to Graduate" on MySRU (Go to Self-Service tab; then Banner Self Service/Student/Student Records/Apply to Graduate). If you have not applied to graduate, the summer financial aid will be based on the 2014-15 academic year.
- Questions about Applying to Graduate should be directed to the Office of Academic Records and Summer School at 724-738-2010.
For additional information on sources of financial aid that may be available for the summer session, please review the Summer 2015 Detailed Information Sheet:
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock PA 16057
107 Maltby Center