Skip to main content

 Aid Information for Transfer Students 



Students Transferring to SRU

A student's financial need and eligibility for federal financial aid is determined by the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  All financial aid applicants must complete the FAFSA for each year of attendance at SRU. Students only complete one FAFSA application per academic year. If you already completed a FAFSA but did not list SRU as a recipient of the FAFSA results, you should do the following:

  • If you have a PIN from the U.S. Department of Education, you can list SRU as one of your schools by going to and clicking on "Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA".  Simply list SRU and our school code (003327) on the FAFSA and submit those corrections electronically.

Federal Direct Loans can not be automatically transferred from one school to another.

If your previous school processed a loan for a term that you will not attend at that school, you must have the previous school cancel the loan funds for that term.

Students are required to have completed a Master Promissory Note (MPN) in order to receive assistance from the Federal Direct Loan program. Contact the SRU Financial Aid Office (724-738-2044) to determine if you have a valid MPN on file. 

Deferment of Payment on Federal Direct or Perkins Loans: You may be eligible to continue deferment of payment on any previous Federal Direct Loans or Federal Perkins loans. Students should contact their loan servicer regarding eligibility for deferments.  Please contact Academic Records (724-738-2010) if you have deferment forms or enrollment verification forms which must be completed by an SRU representative.  Students can view the current servicer of their loans at The National Student Loan Data System

Pennsylvania State Grant applicants must authorize SRU as the recipient of all state grant information.

Contact PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency) at 1-800-692-7392 to confirm that SRU has been listed as the recipient of your state grant information.  Students may also update this information on the PHEAA Account Access portal at   

Academic Progress: Transfer students and currently enrolled students are required to meet academic progress requirements to be eligible for state and federal financial aid. A transfer student’s eligibility for the PHEAA Grant may be based on credits completed at a previous school(s). You may contact PHEAA for further eligibility criteria. Students should view and understand the federal SAP Policy for federal financial aid. 

Information for Students Transferring From SRU

All students transferring from SRU should contact their new school for financial aid application requirements and deadlines. However, the following steps are generally required as a minimum order to receive financial aid consideration at another school:

  • Add your new school to your FAFSA.
  • Notify your state grant agency of your enrollment change. Pennsylvania State Grant applicants should contact PHEAA (click on Account Access) with enrollment information.
  • Contact SRU's Office of Retention Services at 724.738.2011 to withdraw from SRU.  Their office will notify our Financial Aid Office and we will cancel your financial aid.  
  • Provide deferment information to your lender or servicer of your Perkins Loan or Federal Direct Loan after registration at your new school. Request that the new school complete and submit deferment forms and/or verify your enrollment.


Contact Information

1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock PA 16057

107 Maltby Center

724.738.2922 (fax)

M-F: 8:00-4:30
Summer: 8:00-4:00

SRU FAFSA Code: 003327



Debt Management and Identity Theft