Please view this entire page before clicking links to the application or payment websites.
DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETION OF APPLICATION
1. Please visit the link under the Credentials paragraph to apply with an online application (paper applications are no longer available).
2. Please make sure that you complete the entire application and all supporting materials. It is your responsibility to make certain that all your application materials are received by the University. All applications for admission in August or January should be submitted by May 1 and September 1 respectively. Because of the time needed to process international applications, those received after these dates may not be processed until the following semester.
3. If you cannot locate your College School Code, please use 999999.
4. Please be sure to check out the International Graduate Application Supplement page for more information.
CREDENTIALS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. Application for Admission to a Graduate Program.
2. Application fee: A fee of thirty dollars (U.S. $30.00) is needed to process all applications. This fee cannot be waived and is non-refundable. The fee may be submitted via ROCKPAY (category: International Grad Student Application Fee), or you may mail a check or money order in U.S. dollars made payable to Slippery Rock University (note: no bank drafts accepted) to:
Welcome Center - 105 North Hall
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock University
Slippery Rock, PA 16057-1383 U.S.A.
3. Verification of finances: Financial status will not be used in determining your academic qualifications for admission to the University but must be satisfactorily documented before we can authorize approval for a student visa through the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services. This can be documented in two different ways. For privately sponsored students, you must complete the FINANCIAL SUPPORT STATEMENT and submit an original bank statement indicating that sufficient funds are available for at least the first year. If you are applying to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program, you must complete the DPT Financial Support Statement. For government sponsored students, an official or certified copy of the award letter that includes the U.S. dollar amount of the award per year is acceptable. Please see the International Student Approximate Tuition Costs page.
4. Official, certified true copies of all post-secondary school transcripts (a transcript is a year-by-year listing of courses, grades earned for courses, and credits earned for each year of attendance). All transcripts should bear the official school seal and signature of the person issuing the transcript. Whenever possible, transcripts should be sent directly from the school. They should be translated into English.
5. Proof of your English Proficiency. Applicants whose native language is NOT English, must submit one of the following:
* official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) providing English Language Ability at the 550 level or better (paper based), 213 level or better (computer based), or 80 or better (Internet based).
* official score report of the English Language Schools (ELS school in the U.S.A.) providing English Language Proficiency at the 112 level or better.
* students who have studied in the U.S.A. for at least one year may have TOEFL or ELS requirement waved if sufficient verification of English Language proficiency is provided.
6. Please view the FACT SHEET for the program for which you are applying for information on supporting documents that may be required. Fact sheets may be found by going to Academic Programs, selecting your program then by clicking the "fact sheet" link at the bottom of the program description.
7. All application materials, transcripts and other supporting documents should be sent to:
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE
105 NORTH HALL WELCOME CENTER
1 MORROW WAY
SLIPPERY ROCK UNIVERSITY
SLIPPERY ROCK, PA 16057-1383 U.S.A.
***International students are NOT required to submit transcripts to WES for review.***