Classification as a Graduate Non-Degree Applicant: A non-degree student will not be classified as a degree or certificate seeking student; therefore, credits earned may not count toward future degree or certificate programs at Slippery Rock University.
A graduate student may earn up to a maximum of 12 graduate credits, taken at any time, while classified as non-degree.
Applicants must apply online for each semester they wish to study as a non-degree student.
Graduate Non-Degree Applicant Facts:
- Non-degree applicants are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- No application fee is required when submitting an application.
- If you have been denied admission to the university, you cannot use this procedure as a vehicle to become admitted.
- If you have been suspended from the university, you cannot take classes without first gaining written approval from your college dean.
- First-time applicants for graduate courses must submit official transcripts of all previous undergraduate or graduate coursework prior to enrollment. Proof of baccalaureate degree conferral is required.
- If you have attended Slippery Rock University, the Office of Graduate Admissions will obtain your SRU transcripts.
- International students are not permitted to apply as a non-degree student.