Welcome! We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated students to be a part of the 2014 Orientation Ambassador team.
As an O-Ambassador you will have the opportunity to:
- meet and greet guests at check-in and throughout the program day
- facilitate small group sessions with students regarding campus life and academic advisement
- conduct walking and van campus tours
- serve as an academic liason for faculty during the advisement/registration process
- host program sessions for students and parents
- have fun and GET PAID
($850 for the summer Orientation programs/training plus compensation for programs/training in the Spring - before taxes)
To apply for a 2014 Orientation Ambassador position, you must have the following credentials:
- earned a 2.85 cumulative grade point average as of Fall semester 2013
- be enrolled for the Spring 2014 semester and plan to enroll for the Fall 2014 semester.
Serving as an Orientation Ambassador, you will enjoy:
personal satisfaction from helping new students and their families with their transition to SRU
strong friendships with fellow leaders and university faculty and staff
unique experiences working with a diverse group of people
incomparable opportunities for leadership and communication skills development
comprehensive understanding of SRU academic and student services
Tuesday, January 28th
12:30 - 1:30p.m.
Room 320, Robert M. Smith Student Center