Thank you for your interest in Slippery Rock University of PA! We welcome groups from high schools and community organizations throughout the year, on a space available basis. The Bus Visit Program is geared towards academically prepared high school students who have an interest in attending SRU. These visits offer an excellent opportunity for your students to explore the benefits of a “Rock Solid” education and get their questions answered!
Groups of up to 45 high school students (and a few chaperones) are offered a presentation with an admissions counselor, student-led panel discussion and campus tour, and lunch in Boozel Dining Hall. An optional Student Services department presentation is available, upon request.
The bus visit itinerary is as follows:
- 9:50am – Arrive to Campus, North Hall Welcome Center
- 10:00am – Admissions Presentation
- 10:20am – Student Panel Discussion
- 10:40am – Department Presentation (optional)
- 11:00am – Campus Tour
- 12:00pm – Lunch, Boozel Dining Hall
- 1:00pm – Depart Campus
Due to limited availability of facilities and student Pride Guides, we are only able to accommodate group visits on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings in the Fall (September, October, November) and Spring (February, March, April). The following dates/months are not available for group visits:
- Unavailable Months: May, June, July, August, December, January
- Unavailable Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays
- Labor Day: September 1, 2014
- Fall Break: October 13-14, 2014
- Thanksgiving Recess: November 26-30, 2014
- Opportunity Knocks: February 23, 2015
- Midterm Recess: March 8-15, 2015
- Please arrive on time or call if you are running late. We cannot guarantee a complete visit experience if your group does not arrive on time.
- Please provide at least 48 hour notification of cancellation.
- Encourage your students to come prepared with questions to make the most of their visit.
- We ask that there is at least one chaperone for every 15 students.
Note: Application waivers are available for students who qualify for free/reduced lunch or the NACAC and SAT fee waivers. We do not waive application fees for students visiting during a bus visit.
We are now accepting requests for Fall 2014. To request a visit for your group, complete the Bus Visit Request Form. Requests must be made 3 weeks prior to your preferred date, and will be confirmed within 3 business days of receipt. Please keep in mind that we cannot accommodate all requests and requests will be honored on a first come, first serve basis. Also, we limit organizations to one visit per year. If you have any questions or concerns about scheduling your visit, please contact Laura Carroll, Assistant Director of Admissions for Multicultural Recruitment, at 724-738-2653 or Laura.Carroll@sru.edu.