To make your senior year more efficient and your transition to The Rock less stressful, we offer you the following planner with seasonal suggestions to provide a step-by-step process for exploring, applying to, and enrolling in your ROCK SOLID future.
Please click on the timeline below to see a larger version.
Junior Year of High School
- Take the SATs and ACTs for the first time
- Create a list of universities you are interested in with input from your school counselor, teachers, and parents
- Visit as many universities as possible (including SRU!) in the summer between your junior and senior years
- Contact SRU's Financial Aid Office to learn about grants, loans, and scholarships
- Submit your $90 enrollment deposit to SRU
- Receive your Early Orientation invitation - Return your Early Orientation reservation
- Attend an Early Orientation session
- Receive your residence hall agreement - Return your residence hall agreement
- Apply for financial aid using the FAFSA form
- Apply for SRU academic scholarships
- Attend a June Orientation session (if you did not attend an Early Orientation Program)
- Reach out and talk with your roommate to coordinate who will bring what to campus
- Welcome to Slippery Rock University!