Skip to main content
Transfer Admissions 




For a printable PDF copy of the SRU graduation requirements, please click here.

- All undergraduate degree programs require a minimum of 120 credits.

- Students must complete at least 30 of their last 45 credits in residence at SRU, which is considered the Residency Requirement. In addition, individual departments may establish residency requirements for their majors and minors. Students should check with their academic advisor to determine the requirements for their academic program.

- Students must complete a minimum of 45 credits of Liberal Studies coursework.

- Students must complete 48 credits of upper-level coursework. Thirty-nine of the 48 credits must be at the 300 level or higher, and the additional 9 credits may include courses requiring a 3 credit prerequisite. At least 24 of the 48 credits must be completed at SRU.

- Students must complete at least half their major (15 credits minimum) in 300 or higher level courses.

- Students must complete at least 50% of the coursework within their major department at a PASSHE university.

- Undergraduates may not have a total of more than 6 repeated courses during their entire academic career. In addition, no one course may be repeated more than 3 times.

- Bachelor of Arts (BA) degrees require language proficiency at the 103 class level. Exemption by placement or examination is possible. Language courses used to satisfy the BA requirement may not be used in the Goal section of the Global Community block of the Liberal Studies program.

- Students must complete at least 60 credits at SRU to be considered for Latin Honors at the time of graduation.

Apply to SRU!
Request Information
Schedule a Transfer Visit

Transfer Scholarships
Community college students may qualify for a Transfer Advantage Scholarship if they enroll full-time at SRU and transfer with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher with at least 12 credits. Scholarships will continue to be awarded until all funds have been expended. Apply for admission today!

On-Campus Housing
On-campus housing is not guaranteed for transfer students. In order to request housing, you must have your SRU user ID, which is generated once your enrollment deposit is processed. Visit
Residence Life's website
for more information.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Slippery Rock University
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Phone: (724) 738-2015
Fax: (724) 738-2913