Skip to main content




HACC Web Site


                   Welcome, Harrisburg Area 
                 Community College Students!


As a Pennsylvania community college student, you have options in how you prepare for transfer to Slippery Rock University (SRU).  Should you stay for one semester, two semesters, or complete an associate degree before transfer?  If asked for our opinion, our transfer admissions staff will lead you through your options using the tools found on this page to help you make the choice that is best for you.  Additionally, you should consult with your community college transfer counselors to ensure the best possible preparation. 

lease review the following information, seek counseling from transfer counselors, and consider factors specific to your life circumstances before making your plan of study.

Many students transfer to SRU without completing an associate degree.  Instead, they choose to complete courses that will simply best match the requirements of their planned Academic Major at SRU.  The following tools have been developed to help students complete these courses.

If you don’t know your academic Major at SRU, follow this generic Liberal Studies Conversion Guide.

If you see your Academic Major at SRU listed below, use the following major-specific Liberal Studies Conversion Guides.

            Business Administration
                (Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing)
Health and Physical Education
Public Health
Safety Management
Secondary Education - English
Secondary Education - History
            Social Work
Sport Management

If you don't see your Academic Major in the list above, contact an SRU transfer counselor at 800.929.4778.

If you would like to search for specific transfer course equivalencies or SRU curriculum guides, click below.

          Search for Course Equivalencies
Search for SRU Majors and Curriculum Guides

Community colleges typically offer two general types of associate degrees; transfer preparation or career preparation.  Typically, transfer preparation degrees include coursework that best prepares students for transfer to a four-year university.  Transfer counselors at the community college can help you determine which degrees are best suited for eventual transfer.
SRU transfer counselors can help you choose courses where the associate degree requirements allow you choice, so that your transfer courses best match SRU.

Statewide Articulation Agreements – In Pennsylvania, you may have the option of pursuing a community college associate degree that has been designated as an articulated program.  These Statewide Articulation Agreements guarantee that at least 60 credits will transfer and apply to degree completion; you will transfer at the Junior level. Course rotation and offerings at SRU are not taken into consideration.

Another option established by the Statewide Articulation Agreement initiative allows for a student to not choose a full associate degree option, but to instead follow the 30-Credit Transfer Framework. This framework can be helpful to students who are uncertain of what college Major to pursue.

If you transfer to SRU prior to the completion of an associate degree, you may want to consider a Reverse Transfer. This process may allow you to transfer SRU credits back to your community college, so that an associate degree may be awarded. This associate degree credential may be valuable to your future job searches. For more information about this process, contact your community college's registrar's/records office.

Apply to SRU!
Request Information
Schedule a Transfer Visit

Transfer Scholarships
Community college students may qualify for a Transfer Advantage Scholarship if they enroll full-time at SRU and transfer with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher with at least 12 credits. Scholarships will continue to be awarded until all funds have been expended. Apply for admission today!

On-Campus Housing
On-campus housing is not guaranteed for transfer students. In order to request housing, you must have your SRU user ID, which is generated once your enrollment deposit is processed. Visit
Residence Life's website
for more information.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Slippery Rock University
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Phone: (724) 738-2015
Fax: (724) 738-2913