Slippery Rock University International Alumni
SRU International student alumni are welcomed back to campus for the 40th Annual International Dinner. To add to the celebration, we are also sponsoring an International Student Alumni Reunion, from Friday November 7 to Sunday November 9, 2014. We hope that you can join us for all or part of the weekend.
TICKETS FOR THE DINNER ARE NOW ON SALE. DETAILS AND ONLINE PURCHASE INFORMATION ARE AVAILABLE HERE. REGRETTABLY, AN UNEXPECTED GLITCH WITH SOME NON-US CREDIT CARDS HAS BEEN REPORTED. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM PLEASE E-MAIL PAM. WE WILL RESERVE YOUR TICKET(S) AND ACCEPT YOUR PAYMENT VIA CASH/CHECK/MONEY ORDER WHEN YOU ARE HERE.
Revised but still tentative agenda. Check back for updates:
Friday Nov 7:
- Office for Global Engagement (new name!) will be open 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Stop by to say hello and see our new space in 004-009 Spotts World Culture Building.
- While you’re at it…please stop by the Alumni House to introduce yourself.
- Casual meeting at one of the local bars...yes older alumni, you read that right...SRU now has 3 bars in town. Location TO BE DETERMINED. SRU will buy some snacks, drinks on your own.
Saturday Nov 8:
- 1 PM & 4 PM Campus Tours, departing from Bailey Library. For many of you, there are plenty of new things to see!
- 8 AM – 2 PM A visit to Weisenfluh Dining Hall to reminisce cooking, as our current students prepare their own best-dishes from home.
- On-your-own time: shopping at the Grove City outlet mall, catching up with friends, faculty, etc.
- Buy a new SRU T-shirt…and more! The Bookstore is on the ground floor of the Smith Student Center, and open on Saturday from 11 AM to 4 PM. Closed Sunday…don’t procrastinate or you will be out of luck!
- 5 PM VIP cocktail hour before the dinner, Smith Student Center, Ballroom. Free for our alumni.
- 7 PM 40th Annual International Dinner, to include presentation of our 4th Distinguished International Alumni Award, as well as student scholarships. Yes, food and entertainment will remain the highlight! Smith Student Center, Ballroom.
- After-dinner wind-down:
- Smith Student Center Fireplace Lounge. Casual conversation with everyone you didn’t get to chat with while you were busy enjoying the dinner.
- Night life in SR: North Country Brewery, Ginger Hill Tavern, Draft House. On your own
Sunday Nov 9:
- 9:30 AM Breakfast, Alumni House. Free to our alumni
- Cultural Excursion: The Butler Institute of American Art & SRU Concert Choir Performance, Youngstown, Ohio. Drive on-your-own, or join others from SRU via coach transfer. More details here.
If there's something not listed that you would like included, please let us know. Unfortunately, the men's & women's regular football (soccer) season will finish the week before, but we are hoping that they could perhaps be playing on campus in the playoffs. The (American) football team will still be in season, but don't have a home game.
Please email Pam NOW if you plan to attend or are seriously considering it so that we can plan accordingly. We want to be sure that we have tickets available for the dinner...and as you know it always sells out!
Hope to see you November 7 - 9, 2014.
Slippery Rock University has been home for over 2000 international students from 125 countries since the early 1960's.
We continue to benefit from their academic, cultural and personal contribution to campus.
Our support doesn't end with graduation as we welcome and mantain their involvement.
The Office for Global Engagement mantains both postal and E-mail addresses of our former international students, publishes "News & Views" our bi-annual international alumni newsletter, hosts reunions, and welcomes many back to campus for visits. In addition, check out our "Slippery Rock University International Students" page on Facebook!
Please let us know how we can assist you in staying in touch with SRU!
International Alumni Database
Please fill out our form to
update your contact information!