Criminal Justice (Master of Arts)Offered by: Criminology and Security Studies
Our society rests on a foundation of honor and justice. That's why the Master of Arts in Criminal Justice at Slippery Rock University is such an important program. This program is ideal for both working professionals in the criminal justice field and traditional graduate students who value the accessibility of online learning. This program's 30-credit curriculum can be completed in 15 to 18 months, and includes a combination of coursework focused on theory, practical skills, and research. All online classes are taught by expert faculty members with doctorate degrees in criminology. Whether you're pursuing a career in public service or law enforcement or aspire to doctorate-level education, Slippery Rock University will help you build a rock-solid plan for the future.
SRU's Master of Arts in Criminal Justice program offers coursework on the three components of the Criminal Justice System, as well as criminological theory, research, and statistical methodologies. This program is designed to serve the educational needs of working criminal justice professionals in Western Pennsylvania and elsewhere. The curriculum offers flexibility for professionals in the field who desire an advanced criminal justice degree for workforce enhancement purposes, and quality credentials for students who aspire to earn doctorate degrees in criminology.
SRU's online Master of Arts degree in Criminal Justice offers:
- Best Online Master's Degree in Criminal Justice (via collegechoice.net)
- Flexibility to fit your busy schedule with classes offered exclusively online
- A 30-credit curriculum that can be completed in 15 to 18 months
- A combination of coursework that focuses on theory, practical skills and research
- Faculty with earned doctorate degrees in the field of criminology
- An option of a thesis, internship, or general track
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- 300-500 Word Person Statement - address your background, career goals, and why you want to study criminal justice)
- One to Three Letters of Recommendation (student is responsible for sending form link to evaluator)
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (724-738-2146), or mail. Applicants may also choose to submit their supplemental materials via the wufoo forms linked above.
* If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania, please check the list of most recent states approved for online classes and internships by clicking here to see if SRU is authorized to offer distance education and/or field experiences in your state of residency.