Skip to main content

 In-Room Internet Access 



All that is required to connect to the network in your residence hall is an Ethernet Cable (Cat5/6).  Note that an Ethernet cable is different than a phone cable.  No set up is required; just plug the Ethernet cable into the jack on the wall with the label that begins with a D.  This is a data jack and is usually blue or green.

Network Problems:

  • Try a different Ethernet cable
  • Try a different network jack
  • Take your laptop to the Resident Student Computer Help Desk

Request Additional Help
Resident Student Computer Help Desk
190 Watson Hall Mailroom
Off-Campus: 724-738-4001
On-Campus: x4001

Note:  all laptops must be taken to the Resident Student Computer Help Desk to confirm correct network configuration prior to a technician being dispatched to a residence hall room to check the data jack.



 Support Services

104 Maltby Center
Slippery Rock University
Slippery Rock, PA  16057
724.738.HELP (4357)
7:30am - 4:30pm