Faculty Banner Channels Coming this Fall!
This informational channel gives faculty members a quick, easy tool for viewing active classes, e-mailing class members, and includes the following navigational links:
- The class name link goes to the Faculty Detail Schedule page in Faculty and Advisor Self-Service.
- The class list icon goes to the Summary Class List page in Faculty and Advisor Self-Service.
- The waitlist icon goes to the Summary Wait List page in Faculty and Advisor Self-Service. This icon is displayed only if a waitlist exists for the class. Plans are to pilot the waitlist function with a few departments during the spring 2012 registration period.
- The syllabus icon goes to the Syllabus Information page in Faculty and Advisor Self-Service
- The clock icon goes to the Office Hours page in Faculty and Advisor Self-Service
- The e-mail icon launches a new e-mail in your e-mail program with the email addresses of all students registered in the class and for whom an e-mail address has been entered on the E-mail Address Form
Faculty Grade Assignment:
This informational channel provides faculty members a place to see the grading status of classes and to access grade pages in Faculty and Advisor Self-Service. You can use the pull-down box to select the type of grades for which you want to see the status: midterm, final, or Electronic Grade book. Our plans are to use the Banner Faculty Grade Assignment functionality to deliver enrollment verification, mid-term grades, and final grades. The channel includes the following navigational links:
- The class name link goes to the Class Schedule Listing page in Faculty and Advisor Self-Service
- The icons in the last column indicate the class’s grading status and, if clickable, go to the page in self-service associated with the type of grade displayed in the pull-down box
This informational channel shows faculty class and/or office hour commitments formatted in a daily or weekly view. The daily view is the default view and shows commitments for the entire day. The weekly view, which can be accessed via a link in the channel, shows all courses in the entire week and is displayed with the channel in focus mode. The system displays the current day (or week) by default, but you can select a different date using the Search field. To go to a specific date, enter the date, in MM/DD/YYYY format, in the Search field, then click Go.