Get to Know the Library
The following are guaranteed to help you feel more comfortable using the varied resources Bailey Library has to offer. In the next few weeks, see how may of these you can complete.
- Walk into the library—remember, your student ID is your “library card.”
- Check out the menu in the library’s café—maybe have a cup of coffee.
- Head into the Research Services Room to see where you can borrow a laptop to use in the library. They connect to our wireless network.
- Stop at the research services desk to ask for a copy of the self-guided library tour—there’s a handy map inside. (FYI: this is a great place to get help with your assignments. Librarians are there 9-9 Monday-Thursday, 9-5 Friday, and 1-9 Sunday).
- Locate the photocopiers on the 1st or 3rd floor—you can use RockDollars or cash to make copies.
- Walk through the TLC (Technology Learning Center) on the 1st floor. Here you can get technical assistnace and use an array of equipment.
- Take a look at the current newspapers on the 1st floor—we have lots more available online.
- Click to the library’s home page—it’s also linked from the university’s page. Here’s where most of your research will start.
- Check out the library’s hours on the right.
- Log in to the library’s catalog; that’s where you can see what you’ve borrowed and renewitems online.
- Check out the latest entries in the library blog—which is also linked from the home page.
- Look at the Find E-Reserves link in the left sidebar of the library’s home page. Some of your professors will post class readings here.
- Click on Resources by Subject in the left sidebar of the library’s home page. Choose a subject and scroll down to find the name and contact information of the librarian who specializes in that subject. He or she could be a valuable resource in the future!