- Acceptance of a borrowing card constitutes an agreement on the part of the recipient to abide by the rules and regulations of Bailey Library.
- Library membership will provide lending services to any Pennsylvania resident with identification, who is 18 years of age or older. Yearly membership fees are $10 for an individual membership and $15 for a family membership. Free memberships are available to affiliates of SRU (e.g. family members of staff, members of reciprocal borrowing institutions,) to local teachers, and to Slippery Rock residents. Students and faculty from participating Lyrasis institutions may also borrow materials (see below).
- Library membership DOES NOT include: Resource Sharing Services (interlibrary loan,) remote access to databases, laptop circulation, cameras/equipment, or computer lab access. Patrons wishing to use library computers must present a photo ID at the reference desk to be signed on.
- The total number of items a special borrower may have charged out at any point in time is ten (10.)
- Only the person whose name appears on the library card can use the card. If a family membership is purchased, each member of the family will receive his/her own library card upon completion of an application.
- Anyone under 18 years of age who requests a library card must be able to complete an application and be accompanied by a parent. The parent must attest to the borrower's identity and sign the application to accept any obligation that his/her dependent might accrue.
- Borrowers' cards are valid for a period of one year from the end of the month in which the card is issued. Cards will be renewed yearly if the borrower has remained in good standing.
- All members of institutions affiliated with SRU must abide by the rules of the affiliated organization (e.g. LYRASIS borrowers must present a completed LYRASIS form, SSHE borrowers must have their current ID, and PALCI borrowers must present a completed PALCI form.)
- Bailey Library participates in the LYRASIS Reciprocal Borrowing Program. Students and faculty from participating institutionss may borrow materials from Bailey Library by presenting a signed reciprocal borrowing form from their home library along with a photo ID at Bailey's circulation desk. The link above provides further information, including a list of all participating institutions.
- Each borrower is responsible for the materials charged to his/her card. If a card is lost or stolen, the library must be notified promptly so that its use can be terminated. A fee of $5.00 is charged to replace a lost or stolen card.
- The loan period for regular collection books is four (4) weeks and varies for audiovisual and special items. All library materials must be returned by the date due. Three (3) renewals are permitted unless items are encumbered by holds. All items are subject to immediate recall and return if needed by the students and/or faculty of SRU.
- The borrower's library card must be presented in order to charge or renew library items. Requests for renewals can be made in eprson or by telephone. In either case, the materials must be available so as to identify each item and complete the renewal process.
- Failure to return library materials when due results in a fine of .15 centers a day per item. If the accumulation of fines reaches fifteen dollars ($15.00,) borrowing privileges will be suspended until materials are returned and the fines are paid.
- Lost materials are subject to replacement costs, accrued fines, and $25.00 processing fee.
Back to Circulation
Back to Library Policies