NOTE: This page is not being updated as of August 2010. We hope to resume updates once the Education Librarian position is filled.
The following lesson plan sites may provide ideas and inspiration for your own instructional planning. As always, lesson plans need to be adapted to your specific subject, setting, and students.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff: Quick lesson plan ideas, thematic units, and a book activities index.
- Ask for Kids: Contains lesson plans, teaching tips, and activities for children.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government: Resources and activities tailored to teachers and parents of K-12 students.
- Columbia Education Center: Lesson plans, curriculum units, and education resources by subject and grade level.
- Curricular Resources: From the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute, very detailed, 1978-present.
- Discovery School Lesson Plans: An enormous lesson plan resource, searchable by subject and grade level.
- EdHelper: Lesson Plans, Web Quests, Worksheets and Worksheet generators, and daily education news.
- EdSitement: Humanities lesson plans based on outstanding education web sites, includes objectives and activities.
- Education World: "Where educators go to learn"; contains an incredible database of subjects, topics, lesson plans, and curriculum material, in addition to special areas for teachers, students, parents, administrators, and employment listings. Has an education-specific search engine.
- Educator's Reference Desk Lesson Plans: Over 1,100 lesson plans submitted by teachers all over the United States. Includes all subject areas.
- FunBrain.com: Integrate games and assessment quizzes into daily lesson plans, over 50 online games to reinforce classroom skills.
- The Gateway to Educational Materials: An initiative from the U.S. Dept. of Education's National Library of Education, to create a searchable, comprehensive access/index to Internet-based educational materials. Lesson plan collections.
- Lesson Plans on CongressLink: Lessons and simulations created using Congressional resources.
- Lesson Plans Page: Includes lesson plan links on math, science, social studies, music, language arts, art, physical education, computers and the internet, and multi-disciplinary units. Features special topics.
- PBS Teachers: Search a database of 1,300 lesson plans correlated to national standards, often integrating public television programming.
- Smart Board Lesson Plans: Lesson plans that integrate the SMART Board into curriculum to create interactive lessons.
- Solution Site: Thematic lesson plans, with an emphasis on problem solving and student participation.
- Teachers First: Lesson plans and related education sites.
- Teachnet.com: Tips, techniques, lesson ideas, micro activities.