How to apply to the IRB:
- Determine if the project meets the definition of human subject research
- Read through the Responsibilities of the PI section found here.
- Complete the required training course on the protection of human participants in research. The IRB subscribes to the CITI Online Training Program to comply with this regulation. Additional information and the CITI website can be found here.
- Determine the level of review.
- Complete the IRB Application Form found on the Forms page.
- Complete any necessary consent forms and/or appendices to your application.
- Submit your IRB Application Form and any other necessary appendices and documentation of CITI training to the IRB Office, 008 Patterson Hall.
You must receive approval from the IRB before conducting your research. DO NOT begin your study until approval has been granted. This is a violation of federal regulations.
Call or email the IRB Office if you have questions at (724) 738-4846 or email@example.com