Federal regulations require all participating researchers complete a training course on the protection of human participants in research. The IRB subscribes to the CITI Online Training Program to comply with this regulation.
CITI provides a certificate to the researchers upon completion of the appropriate training course. A copy of the CITI certificate must be included with the protocol submitted to the IRB Office for all participating researchers, including student researchers.
Instructions for CITI Online Training Program:
- Create a user account and password
- Select Slippery Rock University from the participating institution drop-down menu
- Provide user contact information
- Select the course that most closely relates to the intended research
- Complete all course modules
- All quizzes must be passed before the completion certificate will be generated
- Maintain a copy of the certificate and submit a copy to the IRB Office with the protocol.
CITI Online Training Program- Click Here to Access the Training Program